Keywords: Low-level embedded system software, C, XC, Assembly, multi-core microcontrollers
Required Skill Level: Minimum 3 years professional experience as Embedded Systems Engineer or equivalent
If you love the challenge of putting out highest software quality while working on the tight schedule of prestigious clients, then this is your role! Embedded Systems Engineers at Synapticon use their broad embedded development experience to build the best-in-class system software possible using the latest instruments in software development. Our multi-core processor architecture requires creative thinking and new software development methodologies. This is the challenge of your life in embedded systems development, apply now at Synapticon!
- Develop low-level embedded system software in C, XC and Assembly for multi-core microcontrollers
- Work on the interface between embedded electronics and software (drive development, board bring-up etc.)
- Implement board support packages for new embedded hardware products
- Develop embedded device management software (fault-memory, diagnosis features, device configuration routines, file systems etc.)
- Bachelor/Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechatronics or equivalent
- Signiﬁcant experience developing low level bare-metal embedded software
- Experienced in C, C++, Python, EtherCAT, PROFINET
- Knowledge of basic control theory: open/closed loop, PID and tuning methods
- Knowledge of basics in electronics: sensor calibration, ﬁltering (analog/digital), instrument communication basics
- Experienced in working with BLDC and DC motors
- Knowledge of basics in control systems engineering: motor and encoder types and their speciﬁcation & application
- Experience with electronics design (Altium Designer or similar)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices (Kanban, SCRUM)
- Experience with Linux and Git
Our everyday business looks like this:
Flat hierarchies and short decision paths shape the daily interaction at Synapticon. We welcome new team members with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference. As Synapticon grows, you will grow as well.
- Comprehensive field of activity – work in a variety of disciplines, from the development of printed circuit boards (PCB), via embedded software, through to integration with robots
- Multi-cultural environment – our team comes from all over the world – so also culturally you will experience something new
- In an annual boot camp, we take the time for experimental projects
- We support the health of our team by subsidizing fitness activities
Brief Introduction of SYNAPTICON
Synapticon is an international startup based in Schönaich near Stuttgart, Germany. We are over 46 technology enthusiasts from all around the world with expertise in the fields of electronics, embedded software and robotics.
Synapticon provides you with an environment that believes that everything is possible. Who is strongly moving things forward, at Synapticon will generally receive strong support rather than obstacles. We’re living an honest and appreciating community of friends working together, in which authority comes from capability, not from hierarchy. Our common dream is enabling the future and actively help building it.
Besides an attractive salary, there are various incentives offered at Synapticon, such as unlimited vacation and ﬂexible working hours, team events, free gym membership and additional pension insurance.